Nevis Island Administration sealNIA CHARLESTOWN NEVIS (February 07, 2017) --
The following is an offer to the government of St. Kitts and Nevis from the Republic of China (Taiwan) for individuals to pursue studies in bachelor, master or doctoral degree programmes in 2017.
The Embassy of the Republic of China (Taiwan) wishes to inform the nationals of St. Kitts and Nevis that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of China (Taiwan) will provide 2017 MOFA Taiwan Scholarship to students and individuals so as to promote friendship between peoples of Taiwan and St. Kitts and Nevis.
Those who are interested in learning Mandarin Chinese or further seeking a bachelor, master or doctoral degree conducted fully in Mandarin Chinese or English are encouraged to apply for related programs through the Ministry of Education of St. Kitts and Nevis. One can also check the following websites for more details:
- https://taiwanscholarship.moe.gov.tw (documents download)
- http://www.studyintaiwan.org/event/sit85/index.ttml#/home/ (English programme list)
- http://www.mofa.gov.tu (“Scholarships & Fellowships” part in the “About MOFA”)
The MOFA Taiwan Scholarship award period is from August 2017 through its end, drop out or cancellation of registration. Its duration includes:
- Undergraduate program: four years maximum; master’s programme: two years maximum; Doctoral program: four years maximum.
- Pre-degree Mandarin Language Enrichment Program (LEP): one year maximum.
Total duration for any combination of programs under this scholarship is five years maximum.
The MOFA Taiwan scholarship offers a monthly stipend and one round trip economic class flight ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan to each recipient.
Qualified recipients should be over 18 years old and possess a high school diploma or above, perform well at his/her most recent academic institution and be of good character.
The nominee must finish applying procedures at the Ministry of Education before March 31, 2017, for onward further review and forwardness to Taiwan.
Applicants should submit the following documents to the Embassy of the Republic of China (Taiwan):
- A completed application form
- A photocopy of their passport or other documents that prove nationality.
- A photocopy of the highest-level diploma or certificate of equivalent educational level and a complete grade transcript. If issued by a foreign educational institution, these documents must be authenticated by the Embassy of the Republic of China (Taiwan) or directly mailed by the foreign educational institution the applicant attended to the educational institution they plan to matriculate at (if these documents are in languages other than Chinese or English, a Chinese or an English translation should be provided).
- Documents to certify that they have applied to an educational institution or its affiliated Mandarin Training Center, such as photocopies of the application fee receipt, the application form and a note of reply or email from the educational institution.
- For those applying for degree programs taught in Chinese, a photocopy of a TOCFL transcript or certificate for the Level 2 or above.
- A photocopy of a TOEFL transcript, a certificate of English proficiency approved by the applicant’s government or documents to certify that the applicant has graduated from a programme taught in English. This does not apply to applicants whose official national language is English.
- If applicants are unable to provide the above proof of English proficiency due to special circumstances, the diplomatic mission may assess their level of language proficiency through interviews or other tests.
- Other documents requested by the Embassy of the Republic of China (Taiwan).
Incomplete documents and belated applications will not be processed. Moreover, scholarship-granting approvals will be made by a joint committee in Taiwan. Should there be any inquiries, please contact the Embassy at 465-2421.