To administer the tax laws in an efficient and equitable manner, to promote voluntary compliance, to maximize revenue for the development of the Federation, at the least cost to the public and in a manner that warrants the highest degree of public confidence in our integrity, efficiency and fairness.
To be a model Tax Administration Department, dedicated to serving our people and administering revenue laws with justice, fairness and equity.
At the Inland Revenue Department, we are committed to the following values:
- Teamwork and cooperation - we are committed to working together and sharing ideas in order to deliver quality and professional service to the general public.
- Laws and Regulations – we are committed to observe all laws and regulations governing our business activities and the administering of the different taxes.
- Honesty and Integrity – we strive to be open and honest in all our dealings and maintain the highest integrity at all times.
- Customer Service – we strive to offer timely professional and courteous service to our customers.
- Administer Revenue laws which include:
- Business and Occupation
- Ratio Stations
- Motor Drivers (Permanent)
- Motor Drivers (Temporary)
- Liquor and Tobacco
- Liquor (Temporary)
- Radio (to be accounted for in the Estimate 2009)
- Telecommunication (to be accounted for in the Estimate 2009)
- Bank Cheques
- Cable TV Tax
- Coastal Environment Levy
- Consumption Tax
- Corporate Income Tax
- Hotel Accommodation and Restaurant Tax
- Insurance Premium
- Proceeds of Lotto
- Property Tax
- Social Services Levy
- Traders Tax
- Travel Tax
- Vehicle Rental Levy
- Wheel Tax
- Withholding Tax
- To collect taxes which are in areas.
- To administer the tax laws.
- To collect and account for budgeted tax revenue and licence fees in accordance with the above stated laws and financial rules.
- To discharge of the functions delegated by the permanent Secretary of Finance and other agencies relative to the collection of taxes, licences and fees.
- To encourage voluntary compliance through consultation, public awareness programmes.
- To disseminate information and to render customer friendly service.